Duties of the Clerk
- In Keith County, the County Clerk serves as Election Commissioner.
- In Keith County, the County Clerk serves as the Register of Deeds.
- Records County Board proceedings and attends all Board meetings.
- Records Board of Equalization proceedings and attends meetings
- Processes accounts payable and maintain records. (The clerk must countersign all warrants issued by the County Board which have been signed by the Chairman).
- Receives Property Valuation Protest forms and schedules hearings.
- Processes county payroll and maintain records.
- Maintain, processes and provides forms for Employee Health Insurance, Retirement, and Family Medical Leave Act Information.
- Issues Marriage Licenses and Certified Copies. (Marriage Licenses cannot be issued after 3:30PM, the office is open over the noon hour.) Maintains historical marriage license records.
- Issues Liquor & Tobacco licenses.
- Maintains Superintendent of Schools historical records.
- Provides and maintains General Assistance forms.
- Provides application forms for Birth & Death Certificates. (All records are located at the Bureau of Vital Statistics, Lincoln, NE)
- Files and maintains Military Discharge Records - Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk for safekeeping and for proof of service for any veteran benefits. Military discharge records can be provided only to the veteran with proper identification.
- Responsible and maintains all official bonds.
- Maintains records pertaining to the layout, changes and improvements to roads.
- Reports to the Secretary of State the names of all county officials, their signatures, and their seals of office.
- Special duties, as required by law may also be necessary.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays