Marriage License Information
A link to a marriage license worksheet is included on this webpage. This may be completed, printed and brought to the County Clerk’s Office. Marriage licenses are issued in Keith County from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. (Marriage Licenses cannot be issued after 3:30PM, the office is open over the noon hour.)
Requirements for a marriage license:
- $25.00 fee
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in the State of Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk’s Office.
- Presenting photo identification is required. Examples include:
- A Driver’s License from any of the 50 states
- Nebraska ID card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military Card
- Foreign Passport
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status is neither relevant nor required.
- A social security card is required, if a number has been issued to the applicant. The issuance of a social security number to either applicant is not required to obtain a Marriage License.
- Birthplace of bride and groom.
- Full names and birthplaces of both parents.
- If any applicant had a previous marriage, the date the marriage ended is required. (6 months and 1 day from the date the marriage ended is required before the applicant can apply for another marriage license.)
- Licenses are good for 1 year from the date of issuance.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.
To receive a copy or a certified copy of a Keith County Marriage License you will need the following information:
- $9.00 for a certified copy.
- Name of Groom and Bride (including maiden name).
- Date of marriage.
- Must be issued from Keith County to receive a copy.
Marriage License Certified Copy Request