Home » Offices » Assessor » Valuation Protests

Valuation Protests

How do I protest my valuation?
First, contact the assessor’s office and they can explain how your property was valued. This also gives the assessor a chance to verify your records for possible errors and answer your valuation-related questions.
You may file an appeal of your valuation with the County Board of Equalization during the dates prescribed on your valuation notice. You may appeal your valuation only, not your tax bill.

How do I convince the County Board of Equalization that my valuation should be lowered?
Present evidence that the assessor has valued your property above its market value or is not equalized with similar properties in the county.

What if I disagree with the County Board’s determination?
You may file an appeal to the Tax Equalization and Review Commission.

Can I protest my taxes?
No. You can only protest your valuation.